The conference venue is located south of Vienna's city centre in the 4th district close to Karlsplatz underground station (U1, U2, U4) and Taubstummengasse underground station (U1) which makes it easily reachable within a few minutes from all other inner districts of the city.
Arriving by plane
You will be arriving at Vienna International Airport (VIE). There are different possibilities to travel from the airport into the city:
- City Airport Train (CAT): direct link to Wien Mitte/Landstraße (U3, U4), but expensive (interval 30 minutes), fare: EUR 11-12.-
- Commuter train S7: links to Wien Mitte/Landstraße (U3, U4) and Wien Praterstern (U1, U2). A few minutes slower than CAT, but considerably cheaper (interval 30 minutes), fare: EUR 3.90
- Railjet: direct link to Vienna Central Station (U1), interval 30 minutes, fare: EUR 3.90
- Vienna Airport Lines (bus): 14 stops in Vienna, fares around EUR 9.- depending on route
- Taxi: directly available at the airport, fares around EUR 25-30.-
Our suggestion: Open the route planning website www.anachb.at, enter "Flughafen Wien" as start and see the most comfortable route.
Network map of airport lines
Arriving by car
Use your GPS to find your way. The address of the conference venue is: Gußhausstraße 27-29, 1040 Wien. In the inner districts of Vienna parking on the streets is severely restricted (short-time parking zones only) and not free of charge. If your hotel has a parking area, it will be the easiest way to leave your car there during the whole stay and use public transport.
Arriving by train
The destination of your journey is Vienna Central railway station (Wien Hauptbahnhof). The conference venue is located only one underground stop (U1) from there.
Vienna has a dense network of underground (U), commuter trains (S), trams and bus lines. To go around in the city centre area and reach the conference venue from your hotel, you will most probably use U or tram lines only. Click here to download a network map. The price of a single ticket for Vienna is EUR 2.40 (or 2.60 if bought on board of tram, no ticket sale in buses). There are also tickets for 24, 48, or 72 hours (EUR 8.00, 14.10, or 17.10) which can be bought from ticket machines at underground stations or online: click here for more info. Weekly tickets (valid one week from Monday to Sunday) are available for EUR 17.10.
(Price info as of January 2018, may be subject to changes.)