Arrival and transportation information
The conference venue is located in the city centre of Aachen (see our map):
- conference day 1: Aula Carolina, Pontstraße 7, next to the market square in the very centre of the city
- from conference day 2: Super C, Templergraben 57, 500 m north-west of the city centre
There are many roads leading to Aachen
Aachen is Germany’s westernmost city, and is situated in the border zone with the Netherlands and Belgium. To the south, Aachen borders the Eifel and Hohes Venn regions. The nearest airports are Cologne Bonn Airport (85 km), Düsseldorf Airport (99 km) and Maastricht Aachen Airport (27 km) in the Netherlands, and Liège Airport (60 km) in Belgium.
For all information about public transport in Aachen, visit the ASEAG website (DE).
For anyone without their own car, but who wants to stay mobile and flexible:
- Cambio Car sharing
- Flinkster Car sharing of Deutsche Bahn AG
- SnappCar Car sharing with private cars
- drivy Car rental between private individuals
Taxi & driver services
- +49 241 66666
- +49 241 900700
Cycling in Aachen
Discover Aachen in an active way. Cycle maps and suggestions for cycle routes in Aachen and the surrounding area are available from us at the Tourist Information office at the Elisenbrunnen fountain. For more information on cycling in Aachen, visit www.aachen.de/fahrrad.
Text and links courtesy of aachen tourist service e.v